Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many members are in OWIT?
The OWIT network currently extends across 25 chapters located in Central, North, and South America, Western Europe, Africa, and the Middle East with approximately 3,000 individual members around the world. This dynamic global network presents unique opportunities to establish relationships with international trade and business professionals around the world.
2. Does membership in the Greater Triangle chapter give me access to the International membership?
Yes, your local chapter membership AUTOMATICALLY makes you part of The OWIT Network.
3. Is OWIT a nonprofit? Where is its headquarters?
Yes. OWIT is a non-profit organization registered in Washington D.C. yet headquarters is determined by location of presiding President/CEO, currently Los Angeles.
4. Does it have any determined legal form - association, foundation, private foundation other
OWIT is a 501(c)6 organization (United States)
5. Where is the Greater Triangle?
"The Triangle" is a region of North Carolina in the United States anchored by the cities of Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill. The name "Triangle" was cemented in public consciousness in the 1950s with the creation of the Research Triangle Park, home to numerous high-tech companies, enterprises and universities (Duke University, North Carolina State University, University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill).
The Greater Triangle encompasses the twelve county region surrounding the three anchor cities.