October 25, 2018
Hosted by OWIT Nairobi
We are pleased to announce that registration is now open for the OWIT 18thAnnual Conference:
BRIDGING THE GAP: EMPOWERING BUSINESSES TO GO GLOBAL.
This year's event, in recognition of Nairobi's Kenya's vast potential to engage in global trade, will be hosted by the OWIT Nairobi Chapter at the Intercontinental Hotel in Nairobi Kenya on October 24-25, 2018.
OWIT members from our more than 20 chapters worldwide will converge with supporters and experts in their field to explore ways to empower the local community and women leaders in trade through inclusive and forward-looking policy.
Day One will be comprised of a capacity building workshop for local women entrepeneurs seeking to take their business across borders. Day two is a conference where trade practitioners and policy makers from around the world will discuss best practices for shaping cross-border commerce, share insights for what’s next in the future of trade, and explore what role women should play in that future.
CONFERENCE AND WORKSHOP OBJECTIVES
· Explore how to enhance women’s capacity to engage in international trade.
· Address the constraints in accessing new markets and to build women’s capacity to beneﬁt from cross-border trade.
· Initiate action-oriented conversations that result in greater women participation in trade globally.
· Foster conversations about obtaining alternate, competitive sources of investment capital required for women entrepreneurs to scale up their businesses.
· Provide a platform to connect women across traditional, emerging and developed markets.
· Understand the capacity of domestic and international organizations to dismantle the trade challenges identiﬁed by stakeholders.
· Reﬁne and aﬃrm the commitment and pledges from stakeholders for the key messages that emerge from the conference.
For more information about the OWIT Conference and Capacity Building Workshop, please visit www.OWIT.org/programs/nairobiconference.If you are interested in learning about sponsorship opportunities, please email@example.com